All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with detailed artworks of combat aircraft and their markings, The Essential Aircraft Identification Guide: Aircraft of the Cold War is a comprehensive study of the planes in service with NATO and the Warsaw Pact and their respective units from the end of World War II until the reunification of Germany. Arranged chrologically by theatre, the book gives a complete organisational breakdown of the units of both sides, including the units and aircraft used in the proxy wars fought in Korea, Vietnam, the Middle East and elsewhere as well as the'front-line' in Germany. Each section includes a compact history of the role and impact of aircraft on the course of the Cold War, as well as orders of battle, lists of commanders and aces such as Nikolai Sutyagin, Randall Duke Cunningham, Giora Epstein, and Majid Zugbi. Every type of aircraft is featured, including the numerous variations and types of well-kwn models, such as the MiG-15, the McDonnell Douglas F-15 and the Harrier, through to lesser-kwn aircraft, such as the Lockheed P-80, and the Myasishchev M-4 Bison. Each aircraft profile is accompanied by exhaustive specifications, as well as details of individual and unit markings. Packed with 250 colour profiles of every major type of combat aircraft from the era, The Essential Aircraft Identification Guide: Aircraft of the Cold War is an essential reference guide for modellers, military historians and aircraft enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyThomas Newdick, an aviation and defence writer and editor, has researched and written numerous articles for various specialist magazines and journals examining military and civil aviation, twentieth-century military history, and defence technology. He has contributed to books such as The Encyclopedia of Military Jets, and is a regular contributor to Combat Aircraft and Aircraft Illustrated magazines. He is on the editorial staff of both Guideline Publications and Aeroplane.
- Author(s)Thomas Newdick
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Essential Aircraft Identification Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note200 color & b/w illustrations & photographs & maps
- Width189 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.