All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionLearn key information about obtaining a career as a flight attendant, customer service agent, pilot, or manager in the airline industry. Topics include the application process, minimum and preferred requirements, interview preparation, training, jargon, termilogy, codes, the 24-hour clock, basic aviation math, regulatory agencies, industry performance standards, and career resources.
- Author BiographyKathleen Reiland began her airline career as a flight attendant working for Pacific Southwest Airlines (PSA), a California based airline known for the smiles painted on the nose of the planes. About a year later, she began her trek through management, working as a training instructor, flight attendant supervisor, base manager, manager of systems and procedures, and director of pilot and flight attendant crew scheduling until the airline merged with US Airways in 1988. At US Airways, she continued working in positions such as the regional director of flight attendants, manager of flight attendant training, and director of customer services training until she left the airline to devote time to her family and complete her master's degree. Throughout her more than twenty years in the airline industry, Reiland maintained her currency as a flight attendant. During her management tenure, she helped coordinate the successful Boeing 757 proving run to Hawaii, the FAAs white glove inspection, the emergency response to accidents, and the integration of two airlines. In 2000, she began teaching at Cypress College, and has since become the Department Chair for the Airline & Travel Careers and Aviation Programs where each year an advisory board of more than fifty representatives for various airlines and agencies provide recommendations to enhance student education. This book is a compilation of her course lessons intended to assist those interested in an airline career. Kathleen Reiland welcomes comments and suggestions, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Kathleen Reiland
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width201 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.