All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating book examines every aspect of airline style, from the company liveries and interior designs of planes to advertising, haute couture and airborne haute cuisine. Divided into four sections covering fashion, food, interior design and identity, Airline shows how airborne culture has changed since the 1920s. The book spans the conservative to the outrageous, from saris to hotpants, from Hugh Hefner's private jet to the huge Airbus A380. A wide selection of retro styles are illustrated with illuminating archive material and images of ephemera. Airline uncovers the style, image and experience of the parallel universe that exists at 30,000 feet.
- Author BiographyKeith Lovegrove is a writer, designer, photographer, and filmmaker and is the author of the books Graphicswallah: Graphics in India, Pageant: The Beauty Contest, and Railway: Identity, Design and Culture, all published by Laurence King Publishing. He founded Lovegrove Associates in London and has worked for clients such as Waterstone's Booksellers, British Airports Authority, and Philippe Starck.
- Author(s)Keith Lovegrove
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2013
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Series TitleMini
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note250 illustrations, 160 in colour
- Weight460 g
- Width192 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.