All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionA super stylish journey: The ultimate sourcebook for the best airline graphic design This edition rounds up the most imaginative, influential and surprising designs of the airlines' commercial art from the golden age of flying. It provides an unprecedented outline of the development of the visual identities of thirteen pioneering airlines, combining invative research and stunning presentations of hundreds of spectacular aviation posters, other illustrations and photos. Conceived by some of the world's top creative minds, such as Ivan Chermayeff, Otl Aicher, Massimo Vignelli, Academy Award winner Saul Bass, or advertising titan Mary Wells Lawrence, the designs found in the book's case studies also illustrate the shift from traditional methods of corporate design and advertising to comprehensive modern identity branding programs which took place in the same period. The Standard Edition of the successful Premium Edition of Airline Visual Identity 1945-1975 contains all of the information and almost all of the images, but in a leaner format and at a more affordable price. In its Premium Edition, the book has received glowing reviews in leading media around the world, including The New York Times, Newsweek, CNN, New Republic, Slate, Adweek, and dozens of others in the United States, France, Britain, Germany, China, Japan, Switzerland, Austria, Australia, Spain, Italy, Norway, etc.
- Author BiographyM. C. Huhne is author of Pan Am: History, Design & Identity (2016) and Airline Visual Identity 1945-1975 (2015). A Harvard graduate, Huhne developed an appreciation for art while working as a developer of high quality commercial and residential real estate. After leaving his position as project manager with a U.S. real estate developer, Huhne went on to found his own award-wining development company in 1996. Huhne collects and supports modern art as well as North American native art, and takes a special interest in commercial design and the history of architecture.
- Author(s)M. C. Huhne
- PublisherCallisto Publishers GmbH
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCallisto Publishers GmbH
- Content Note524 colour illustrations, 32 black & white halftones
- Weight2351 g
- Width234 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.