All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionLike the ancient medical text by Hippocrates that gives this book its title, Airs, Waters, Places looks with intensity and purpose at the elemental world to understand the possibility of an expanded tion of health in an often disconnected and disconnecting social order. In the poet's words, To call language a nervous system might be useful: if each sentient being is analogous to cells within the organism, language is analogous to the nerves as well as the messages sent along those nerves. There is, there, if t eternity, at least delusion. This is a book of various appetites in constant motion.
- Author BiographyBin Ramke has published six previous books of poems, including Massacre of the Innocents and Wake (Iowa, 1995 and 1999). The editor of the Denver Quarterly, he teaches creative writing at the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Bin Ramke
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleKuhl House Poets
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.