Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEleven stories about crime and detection in eleventh century Japan are arranged chrologically. Sugawara Akitada, a court official, solves murder cases with clues like moon cakes, Chinese lutes, feral cats, and incense. Murder happens even on traditional holidays and in sacred places. An accidental meeting between a recently dismissed clerk and a father searching for his daughter, starts Akitada on his life-long search for justice. It takes him from palaces to the rice paddies of poor farmers. Evil, he discovers, is found everywhere and in unexpected places; it resides in learned men, beautiful women, humble servants, and devout monks. Death also arrives in many forms, during a go game, or while burning incense at an altar. It may even be the result of a tragic mistake.
- Author BiographyI.J. Parker was born and educated in Europe and turned to mystery writing after an academic career in the U.S. She published her short stories in Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, winning the short story Shamus award in 2000. The Akitada novels, a series about an eleventh century Japanese nobleman/detective, now consist of ten titles, with an eleventh to be released soon. The books are available in print, audio, and electronic formats. They have been translated into twelve languages. The short stories are available in electronic format. I.J. Parker is also the author of several historical novels set during the Heike Wars in twelfth century Japan, and of a historical thriller set in eighteenth century Europe.
- Author(s)I J Parker
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.