All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully revised and expanded new edition of the favorite Modern Standard Arabic study series. This three-part course in Modern Standard Arabic for n-native speakers approaches the language through a series of themed topics - daily life in the Arab world, politics and governance, literature and the arts, science and medicine, astromy - concentrates principally on listening and speaking skills. In each section, vocabulary is built up as various linguistic structures and strategies are introduced and practiced in a clear introduction to Arabic grammar. A CD accompanies Volume 1, and in addition to a full glossary of vocabulary items at the end of each volume (with meanings in both English and French), a supplementary dictionary, al-Mu'jam al-musa'id, gives a complete key to the vocabulary of all three books in four languages: English, French, German, and Spanish. Comprehensive and easily digestible, varied and informative, these books make an ideal basis for a classroom-based course in Arabic anywhere in the world.
- Author BiographyEl Said Badawi is professor of Arabic at the Arabic Language Institute of the American University in Cairo, and the co-editor of A Dictionary of Egyptian Arabic.
- Author(s)El-Said Badawi
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight703 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.