All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionI still hear the voice of my mother telling me what all women in our village tell their daughters: 'Mariam, a woman's hour is as fragile and as beautiful as a butterfly's wings. What is a butterfly without wings, except a worm?' It's probably a good thing that my mother didn't live to see me w. A beautifully crafted vel about two sisters who face the stigma of shame, the sorrow of loss, and the startling hope one can find when someone shows you a different way of seeing the world.
- Author BiographyChris Aslan has spent many years living in Central Asia. Chris wrote a part memoir, part travelogue called, A Carpet Ride to Khiva: Seven years on the Silk Road, about life in Uzbekistan and is currently lecturing on textiles, tour-guiding around Central Asia and studying in Oxford for Anglican ordination.
- Author(s)Chris Aslan
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication18/11/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Fiction
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.