All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough much has been written about the 1950s cult film, The Searchers, Alan LeMay, the author of the vel upon which the movie is based, has received little attention. This welcome biography tells the engaging story of the career freelance writer who sold his first story at age 19 and never held a permanent job. LeMay gained success in the 1930s writing Westerns and in the 1940s penning scripts for big outdoor films, but he is best remembered for Searchers (1953) and ather vel adapted into a popular film, The Unforgiven (1957). Sometimes rich but frequently poor, LeMay supported a family with his writing and engaged in a variety of ventures, including cattle ranching, polo playing, flying, and road racing. This narrative of his unconventional life offers an insider's view of Hollywood and conveys the unique stresses of a career in screenwriting.
- Author BiographyDan LeMay, an engineer educated at Caltech and MIT, inventor and retired avocado farmer, is archivist of the LeMay Family Collection and the author of several nonfiction books.
- Author(s)Dan LeMay
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.