All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Mann was one of the great motor racing team managers of the 1960s. A successful race driver himself, he played a key role in Ford's 'Total Performance' programme, preparing and running iconic cars like Ford Falcons, Mustangs, Cobras, GT40s, Cortinas and Escorts for racing and rallying and building the sensational Ford F3L sports-prototype and monster Can-Am racers. His drivers included star names like Frank Gardner, Graham Hill, Denny Hulme, Bruce McLaren, Jackie Stewart and John Whitmore. This is his personal story of one of the most exciting eras of motor sport.
- Author BiographyTo produce his autobiography, Alan Mann collaborated with author and racing driver Tony Dron. The work was completed late in 2011 and Alan Mann died, after a long illness, early in 2012. Alan Mann Racing lives on, fielding cars in historic events, with Alan's son Henry continuing its success on the race tracks. Tony Dron, who worked with Alan Mann for several years in the preparation of the book, lives in Abingdon, near Cambridge.
- Author(s)Alan Mann,Tony Dron
- PublisherMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationCroydon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Content Note220 colour and black & white photographs
- Weight1315 g
- Width215 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.