All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $21.57Free postage
- AU $21.56Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are the family berry picker, grocery store shopper or cook, here are the best time-tested recipes for cooking with the more abundant and popular species of wild berries indigeus to Alaska. It's all here, from currants to watermelon berries, from milkshakes to mincemeat. Included are recipes for breads, salads, main courses, desserts, preserves, candies, syrups, trail food, and even some beverages like juices, milkshakes, and punches. Many of the recipes are in the dessert category, but you will be surprised aw many other ways there are to use wild berries. Lowbush cranberries are particularly good in certain meat dishes, and are useful as a marinade for meat. Wild berries are fine for jam and jelly making, t to mention drying and freezing. Cultivated species may be substituted for wild berries in these recipes, but one must remember that they are often less tart than their wild relatives and adjustments in sugar added may be necessary.
- Author BiographyTested over time, these classic Alaska wild berry recipes were collected over the years and first published by Alaska Northwest Book in 1982 as part of the ALASKA WILD BERRY GUIDE & COOKBOOK. Refined and reviewed for this new cookbook, the editors are glad to make them available in a dedicated Alaska wild berry cookbook.
- Author(s)Alaska Northwest Books
- PublisherGraphic Arts Center Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlaska Northwest Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight193 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.