All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of the past two hundred years, only one United States territory has experienced foreign occupation: Alaska. Available for the first time in paperback, Alaska at War brings readers face to face with the North Pacific front in World War II. Wide-ranging essays cover the war as seen by Alaskan eyes, including the Japanese invasion of Attu and Kiska the effects of the war on Aleutian islanders, and the American campaign to recover occupied territory. Whether you're a historian or a vice student interested in this pivotal period of American history, Alaska at War provides fascinating insight into the background, history, and cultural impact of war on the Alaskan homefront.
- Author BiographyFernand Chandonnet spent thirty-three years in Alaska, where he was a longtime presence in the local radio industry. His fiction has won a Pushcart Prize.
- PublisherUniversity of Alaska Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationFarmington Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Alaska Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1130 g
- Width205 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFern Chandonnet
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.