Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis work analyzes the events leading to the overthrow of the one-party state in Albania, the end of communism and the transistion to democracy. It is divided into historical sections which trace the disintegration of the communist system, culminating in the Winter of Anarchy of 1990-91 and the fortunes of the National Unity and Democratic Party governments after 1991. It also analyzes the cultural and social impact of these changes and explores the emerging crises facing the Albanian peoples in neighbouring Kosova and Macedonia. Special attention is paid to the problems of the significant Greek mirity, the crucial question of religion, the military and national security and Albania's foreign relations. The book is based on interviews, research in Albania's newly opened archives and the author's personal participation in the events they describe.
- Author(s)James Pettifer,Miranda Vickers
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/1997
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content Notemap, bibliography, index
- Weight544 g
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.