All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- Description... a pioneering effort in English-language studies on Albania. --Nicholas C. PaAlbanian history is permeated by myths and mythical narratives that often serve political purposes, from the depiction of the legendary founder of the nation, Skanderbeg, to the exploits of the KLA in the recent Kosovo War. The essays in Albanian Identities, by a multinational, multidisciplinary team of scholars and n-academic specialists, deconstruct prevalent political or historiographical myths about Albania's past and present, bringing to light the ways in which Albanian myths have served to justify and direct violence, buttress political power, and foster internal cohesion. Albanian Identities demonstrates the power of myths to this day, as they underpin political and social processes in crisis-ridden, post-totalitarian Albania.
- Author BiographyStephanie Schwandner-Sievers is Lecturer and Nash Fellow in Albanian Studies at the School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University College London.Bernd J. Fischer is Professor of History at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and author of Albania at War, 1939-1945.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBernd Jurgen Fischer,Stephanie Schwandner-Sievers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.