Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionMichel Tremblay's well-loved and award-winning play presents the story of one woman, Albertine, at five different times in her life. The older Albertines warn the younger ones of what is to come-- Our fate depends on you, Albertine at 70 says to Albertine at 30. Together, these five Albertines provide a moving portrait of the extraordinary life of an ordinary woman. This new, updated translation by Linda Gaboriau, commissioned for the prestigious Shaw Festival, celebrates the 25 years this classic Canadian drama has intrigued and delighted audiences around the world. Cast of 6 women.
- Author BiographyMichel Tremblay One of the most produced and the most prominent playwrights in the history of Canadian theatre, Michel Tremblay has received countless prestigious honours and accolades. His dramatic, literary and autobiographical works have long enjoyed remarkable international popularity, including translations of his plays that have achieved huge success in Europe, the Americas and the Middle East. Awards and Recognition* Prix du Grand (2009) La Traversee de la ville (Lemeac Editeur Inc.) Blue Metropolis International Literary Grand Prix (2006) Globe and Mail Top 100 Books (2003) Birth of a Bookworm Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding New Play (2000) For the Pleasure of Seeing Her Again Chalmers Awards (1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1986, 1989, 2000) Governor General's Performing Arts Award (1999) Molson Prize for Lifetime Achievement in the Arts (1994) Louis-Hemon Prize (1994) Montreal Book Fair Grand Public Prize (1994) Banff Centre National Award (1992) Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters of France (1991) Chevalier of the Order of Quebec (1990) San Francisco Lesbian and Gay Festival Long-Standing Public Service Award (1989) CBC Anik Prize (1988) Athanase-David Lifetime Achievement Prize (1988) Quebec-Paris Prize (1985) Chevalier of Arts and Letters of France (1984) Linda Gaboriau Linda Gaboriau is an award-winning literary translator based in Montreal. Her translations of plays by Quebec's most prominent playwrights have been published and -produced across Canada and abroad. In her work as a -literary manager and dramaturge, she has directed -numerous translation residencies and international exchange projects. She was the founding director of the Banff International Literary Translation Centre. Most recently she won the 2010 Governor General's Award for Forests, her translation of the play by Wajdi Mouawad.
- Author(s)Michel Tremblay
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication19/05/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Weight114 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byLinda Gaboriau
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.