All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to mark the 50th anniversary of the artist's death, Alberto Giacometti: A Line Through Time presents an illuminating introduction to Giacometti's artistic career, key themes in his work and the context of European modernism in which Giacometti produced his most important art. Curators and Giacometti experts Claudia Milburn and Calvin Winner consider the artist's Parisian sources of inspiration; his patronage and his relationship with the Sainsbury family; his use of materials and processes; and his influence on British art world and artists. Alongside key paintings, drawings and sculptures by Giacometti , this beautifully-illustrated volume includes pieces by a number of artists who influenced and were influenced by Giacometti, including Brassai, Jean Dubuffet, Jean Fautrier, William Turnbull, and Eduardo Paolozzi.
- Author BiographyClaudia Milburn is a Curator at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts; Calvin Winner is Head of Collections Management and Conservation at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts. He co-curated the SCVA exhibition 'Francis Bacon and the Masters' and was previously a Curator at Tate.
- Author(s)Calvin Winner,Claudia Milburn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Visual Arts
- Content Note75 colour images
- Weight476 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.