All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume I of this multi-part treatise features precise but creative exercises for serious pianists looking to build flexibility and skill. All of these original exercises were written specifically for this book by world-famous masters -- including Leopold Godowsky, Joseph Lhevinne, Ignaz Friedman, Ernst von Dohnanyi, and Emil von Sauer -- who also share their ideas about technique, pedaling, fingering, and other methods.These creative finger exercises include some with a fixed position of the hand, exercises for flexibility and dexterity of the thumbs, diatonic and chromatic exercises, special exercises with held tes, exercises for the strengthening of individual fingers, and exercises for lateral motion of the fingers. Additional exercises involve diminished sevenths, combined legato and staccato touch for one hand, the crossing of the hands, and development of speed and lightness of fingers. Introductory material is presented in English, German, Italian, and French. This new edition from a long out-of-print series includes a new Introduction and Foreword, plus rare photos by the author's last living student.
- Author(s)Alberto Jonaas,Alberto Jonas,Classical Piano Sheet Music
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width226 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySara Davis Buechner
- Introduction bySara Davis Buechner
- Foreword byRhea Sadowski,Reah Sadowsky
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.