All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionAlchemy in a Glass shows readers how to create stunning transformations of spirits and ingredients at home, and helps them understand the art of balancing flavours, mixers, and spirits with the guidance of cocktail craftsman, Greg Seider. Seider, who has created cocktail programs for top New York City restaurants as well as running the acclaimed Summit Bar in the East Village, has a culinary background, and approaches cocktail creation as the art of understanding how different flavours work together and develop over the course of a drink. He prizes the use of fresh, seasonal, and homemade ingredients, which he uses to infuse and garnish his drinks. Drawing on Seider's experience developing cocktail programs for acclaimed chefs such as Thomas Keller and Eric Ripert, this book will go beyond recipes to help readers understand how flavours work in a drink, giving them the why as well as the how. Taking each cocktail as a journey for the palette, Seider shares recipes for more than fifty original cocktails, punches, and classics with a twist, as well as recipes for bitters, garnishes, infusions and elixirs that make his drinks the exciting, unique creations that they are. Perfect for food lovers and a must for aspiring and experienced home mixologists, this book is an inspiring companion for anyone who likes to taste.
- Author BiographyGreg Seider has worked at notable culinary and cocktail destinations, such as The Mercer Kitchen, Asia de Cuba, The Box, Minetta Tavern, and The Standard Hotel in Miami. In 2009, he opened The Summit Bar, which New York Magazine named Best Cocktail Bar. He created the cocktail program for the lounge at the three-Michelin-starred restaurant Le Bernadin and co-owns the restaurants Prima and Manhattan Cricket Club.
- Author(s)Greg Seider
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note100 color illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width127 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.