Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlcools, first published in 1913 and one of the few indispensable books of twentieth- century poetry, provides a key to the century's history and consciousness. Champion of cubism, Guillaume Apollinaire (1880-1918) fashions in verse the sonic equivalent of what Picasso accomplishes in his cubist works: simultaneity. Apollinaire has been so influential that without him there would have been New York School of poetry and Beat Movement. This new translation reveals his complex, beautiful, and wholly contemporary poetry. Printed with the original French on facing pages, this is the only version of this seminal work of French Modernism currently available in the United States.
- Author BiographyDONALD REVELL recently became Writer-in Residence and Professor of English at the University of Utah. Winner of a Guggenheim and two National Endowment for the Arts fellowships, his most recent Wesleyan book is Beautiful Shirt (1994).
- Author(s)Guillaume Apollinaire
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication25/08/1995
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWesleyan Poetry
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byDonald Revell
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.