All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his day, John Wesley offered important insights on how to obtain kwledge of God that readily bears fruit in our own times. As premiere Wesleyan scholar William Abraham shows, Wesley's most famous spiritual experience is rife with philosophical significance and implications. Throughout, Abraham brings Wesley's works into fruitful conversation with some of the most important work in contemporary epistemology. Lyrically and succinctly he explores the simultaneous epistemological quest and spiritual pilgrimage that were central to Wesley and the Evangelical Revival of the eighteenth century. In so doing, he provides a learned and eye-opening meditation upon the relationship between reason and faith.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Abraham (D.Phil. Oxford University) is Albert Cook Outler Professor of Wesley Studies, and Altshuler Distinguished Teaching Professor, Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology. He is the author or editor of 16 books, including most recently Canonical Theism: A Proposal for Theology and the Church (with Jason E. Vickers and Natalie B. Van Kirk, 2008), Crossing the Threshold of Divine Revelation (2007), and Canon and Criterion in Christian Theology: From the Fathers to Feminism (2002). He lives in Dallas, Texas.
- Author(s)William J. Abraham
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight182 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.