All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging filmmakers need to kw the basics of their art form: the language of the camera, and lenses, the different crew roles, the formats, the aspect ratios. They also need to kw some bare-bones theory: what an auteur is, what montage is, what genres are. Most important, all filmmakers require serious grounding in film. You cant be a great artist if you aren't versed in great art. An Introduction to Film covers all these aspects, from director and filmmaker Alex Cox's perspective.
- Author BiographyMaverick director <b>Alex Cox</b> has directed such acclaimed films as <i>Repo Man</i>, <i>Sid & Nancy</i>, <i>Straight to Hell</i>, <i>Death and the Compass</i>, <i>Walker</i>, and <i>Searchers 2.0</i>. He s also the author of <i>10,000 Ways to Die </i>and<i> X Films: True Confessions of a Radical Filmmaker</i>, and has written on film for publications including <i>Film Comment</i>, <i>Guardian</i>, <i>Independent</i>, and <i>Sight and Sound</i>.
- Author(s)Alex Cox
- PublisherKamera Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHarpenden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKamera Books
- Weight218 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.