All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
About this product
- DescriptionAlex North (1910-1991) was one of America's most rewned film composers. He developed his career in Hollywood over a 40 year period, from the early fifties to his death, and enhanced and enriched over 60 major motion pictures, including A Streetcar Named Desire , Cleopatra and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf to name just a few. He accumulated 15 Oscar minations, and received the Lifetime Achievement Oscar for his work. Alex North's life and work are the focus of this book. The first part deals with his early life growing up in Chester, Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia, his studies at Juilliard in New York and in Russia and Mexico, his early experiences in modern dance, documentaries, and theater, and his major work in film. The second part contains detailed analysis of the musical scores that North composed for A Streetcar Named Desire , Spartacus , The Misfits , Under the Volca , and Prizzi's Hor . Included in the appendices are a bibliography of materials about North, a filmography, a listing of other compositions by North, a discography, and a listing of awards North received.
- Author BiographyA musicologist and award-winning pianist, Sanya Shoilevska Henderson currently works as a freelance performer, teacher, and composer in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Sanya Shoilevska Henderson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note163 photos, facsimiles, discography, filmography, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJohn Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.