All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionLeo Biga has reported on the career of filmmaker Alexander Payne for 20 years. In this updated collection of essays, the author-journalist-blogger offers the only comprehensive look at Payne s career and creative process. Based in Payne s hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, Biga has been granted access to location shooting for <i>Nebraska</i> and <i>Sideways</i>, the latter filmed in California s wine country. Biga has also been given many exclusive interviews by Payne and his creative collaborators. His insightful analysis of Payne s films and personal journey has been praised by Payne for its honesty, thoughtfulness, and accuracy. The two-time Oscar-winner calls Biga s articles, the most complete and perceptive of any journalist s anywhere. Payne s films are celebrated for their blend of humor and honest look at human relationships. Members of Hollywood s A-List, including George Clooney (<i>The Descendants</i>), Jack Nicholson (<i>About Schmidt</i>), Reese Witherspoon (<i>Election</i>), Paul Giamatti (<i>Sideways</i>), Laura Dern (<i>Citizen Ruth</i>), and Bruce Dern (<i>Nebraska</i>), have starred in his films.
- Author Biography<b>Leo Adam Biga</b> is an author, freelance journalist and blogger based in Omaha, Nebraska. In pursuit of his cultural journalism Biga cultivates stories about people, their passions and their magnificent obsessions. His award-winning work appears in many publications. He is available as an expert commentator, public speaker and workshop presenter.
- Author(s)Leo Adam Biga
- PublisherRiver Junction Press, LLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiver Junction Press, LLC
- Weight544 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.