Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $34.93
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.21
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.59
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mediterranean coast of Egypt stretches for 1,000 kilometers from Sallum in the west to Rafah in the east, exhibiting a variety of littoral landscapes - rocky shores and white sand beaches where the Western Desert meets the sea, low-lying wetlands along the edge of the Nile Delta, and rolling dunes in rthern Sinai. Along the way are Egypt's second city, Alexandria, the battlefield of al-Alamein, and the historic town of Rashid. With this new fully revised edition of their popular guide, Jenny Jobbins and Mary Megalli traverse the entire coast, guiding the curious visitor on what to see and what to kw, where to swim and where to stay, how to get there and how to get around. The guide is an informative companion for all travellers, whether their interest lies in sightseeing or stalgia-seeking, archaeology or birdwatching. It offers information on recent excavations, submerged antiquities, places of interest, museums, hotels, and restaurants, as well as a comprehensive history of the coastal region and facts about its geography, wildlife, and natural environment. Detailed route and travel information are included for motorists, as are listings of bus, rail, and air services. illustrated with detailed maps and 30 colour photographs - and w revised with the most up-to-date information and practical advice - this convenient guidebook is an ideal companion for anyone travelling to this multifaceted region of Egypt.
- Author BiographyJenny Jobbins is a writer and journalist who has lived and worked in the region for many years. Her books on Egypt include The Red Sea Coasts of Egypt: Egypt and the Mainland (AUC Press, 1993) and a novel, The Emerald Tablet. When not in Egypt she lives in Cornwall and New Brunswick. Mary Megalli has motored extensively in Egypt and is the author of On the Road in Egypt (AUC Press, 1990). She divides her time between Egypt and New Mexico.
- Author(s)Jenny Jobbins,Mary D. Megalli
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.