All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter saving Alfa Romeo from oblivion in 1987, it took Fiat nearly five years to debut the first new Alfa produced under its control. This is the story of how the competition versions of the 155/156/147 family of cars were developed and subsequently raced to many championship titles and race wins Alfa Romeo's 155 saloon was a comprehensively successful racing touring car that won the German and world-wide DTM Championship, and later ITC races. The model also took on the role of representing the company in national touring car championships throughout the world, most tably winning the British Touring Car Championship in 1994. The 156 was Alfa's successor to the 155 and was also raced with much success. This book follows the development and competition history of this model too, along with its sibling, the 147. Together, these models kept the Alfa Romeo name at the pinnacle of motor sport for many years, from 1992 to 2006, and will become future motorsport classics.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, Peter Collins has been a motoring writer and photographer for over fifteen years. He has a lifelong interest in motorsport and racing history, and has been attending events worldwide since 1965. Co-founder and now editor-at-large of magazine Auto Italia, he also contributes to other European and American publications and websites, and has recently become European editor of website Retrospeed. Peter lives in south London with his partner, Liz, and cat, Darcy. He travels extensively throughout the year, covering motoring events of all disciplines and maintaining his close ties. This book is a continuation of his previous volumes, which display his long-held passion for motorsport.
- Author(s)Peter Collins
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note465
- Weight1370 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.