All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the completely updated, revised and enriched version of the best-kwn Alfa Twin Cam engine tuning book, covering all aspects of engine/chassis modification for high performance: all important measurements given; unique LSD building procedure; inductive distributor recurving, step-by-step; affordable big-brake modifications; complete suspension sub-section; Twin Spark head modifications; electrical system modifications; and up-to-date supplier list. The book features a lot of new information on Twin Spark cylinder head modifications, big-brake conversions and suspension modifications, as well as electrical system improvements. The contents applies to Alfa Romeo's 1300/1600/1750/2000 DOHC (Twin Cam) 4-cylinder engines and relevant cars from 1964 to 1993, plus the TwinSpark and 1.8 Turbo models.
- Author BiographyJim Kartalamakis, 52, was born in Salonica, Greece. After finishing high school in Athens he went to Toronto, Canada, to study Electrical Engineering. At age 23, after a few Detroit musclecars, he bought his first Alfa and that s where it all started. Thirty years later, Jim still vaguely, but fondly, remembers the life and times of the ARCC (Alfa Romeo Club of Canada). He returned to Greece in 1979 and, ever since, has had one job (Aerospace Industry) and one make of car, although different models from a 1750GT, through Alfetta GTV, 75 3.0 to, currently, another 75 3.0 and a 1.8Turbo. The all-encompassing Alfa hobby has led to many engines being built, mostly for friends, and frequent trackdays to seriously test and enjoy the resulting performance. For many years Jim was a technical writer for many car magazines, and the official Alfa Romeo technical manual translator in Greece. All this car-related life (racing, parts-buying trips and other disappearing acts) has sometimes taxed the family s patience, but an understanding wife is always a gift from heaven. The author s only regret is that he still hasn t convinced her to sit in the car for one flying lap to see, and feel, what it s all about, just one ...
- Author(s)Jim Kartalamakis
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Series TitleSpeedPro Series
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note150 full colour photographs
- Weight576 g
- Width207 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.