All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionAlfred Altherr Junior made his mark in the area of modern Swiss architecture as a designer, architect, museum director, lecturer and exhibition designer. Joan Billing and Samuel Eberli from Design+Design reviewed and researched the creative legacy of this protagonist of Modernism, giving rise to a wonderfully invative collection that puts Altherr and his work deservedly back into the spotlight. In his early years, Altherr created his first design, a steel-tube lounger at the company Embru in Ruti. He gained relevant experience during his internship with Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret in Paris. Altherr played an important role as an advocate of Swiss lifestyle culture and he was a co-founder of the award Die Gute Form, becoming founder of the first furnishing design advice center in Winterthur, Switzerland. His aim was to promote new and contemporary designs for living, t only to the younger generation but to everyone! This publication shows that design culture is able to bring together elements of both past and present. With texts by Alfred Altherr, Arthur Ruegg, Michael Hanak, Susanna Koeberle, Peter Lepel, Claude Lichtenstein and Juho Nyberg. Authors:Alfred Altherr, Arthur Ruegg, Michael Hanak, Susanna Koeberle, Peter Lepel, Claude Lichtenstein and Juho Nyberg.
- Author BiographyDesign+Design is a platform for the cultivation of design culture, especially vintage design. They are based in Baden and regularly host the Vintage Furniture Salon, which features international gallery owners. Joan Billing and Samuel Eberli believe that originals from their different time periods exude a certain energy and soul.
- Author(s)Alfred Ruegg,Arthur Altherr,Michael Hanak
- PublisherNiggli Verlag
- Date of Publication15/03/2014
- LanguageText in German
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationSulgen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintNiggli Verlag
- Content Note107 colour
- Weight544 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.