Algebra for College Students by Jerome E. Kaufmann, Karen Schwitters (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $334.36+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $232.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionKaufmann and Schwitters have built this text's reputation on clear and concise exposition, numerous examples, and plentiful problem sets. This traditional text consistently reinforces the following common thread: learn a skill; practice the skill to help solve equations; and then apply what you have learned to solve application problems. This simple, straightforward approach has helped many students grasp and apply fundamental problem solving skills necessary for future mathematics courses. Algebraic ideas are developed in a logical sequence, and in an easy-to-read manner, without excessive vocabulary and formalism. The open and uncluttered design helps keep students focused on the concepts while minimizing distractions. Problems and examples reference a broad range of topics, as well as career areas such as electronics, mechanics, and health, showing students that mathematics is part of everyday life. The text's resource package-anchored by Enhanced WebAssign, an online homework management tool-saves instructors time while also providing additional help and skill-building practice for students outside of class.
- Author BiographyKaren L. Schwitters graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a B.S. in Mathematics. She earned an M.S. Ed. in Professional Secondary Education from Northern Illinois University. Schwitters is currently teaching at Seminole Community College in Sanford, Florida, where she is very active in multimedia instruction and is involved in planning distance learning courses with multimedia materials. She is an advocate for Enhanced WebAssign and uses it in her classroom. In 1998, she received the Innovative Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology Award. Jerome E. Kaufmann received his Ed.D. in Mathematics Education from the University of Virginia. Now a retired Professor of Mathematics from Western Illinois University, he has more than 30 years of teaching experience at the high school, two-year, and four-year college levels. He is the author of 45 college mathematics textbooks.
- Author(s)Jerome E. Kaufmann,Karen Schwitters
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1805 g
- Width225 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.