Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description'This book, immediately striking for its conciseness, is one of the most remarkable works ever produced on the subject of algebraic functions and their integrals. The distinguishing feature of the book is its third chapter, on rational functions, which gives an extremely brief and clear account of the theory of divisors...A very readable account is given of the topology of Riemann surfaces and of the general properties of abelian integrals. Abel's theorem is presented, with some simple applications. The inversion problem is studied for the cases of genus zero and genus unity. The chapter on the reduction of singularities is very teworthy...A final chapter illustrates the general theory with some examples. In particular, constructive methods are given for treating algebraic relations which are of the third degree in one of the variables...The arithmetic theory of algebraic functions is a good thing. In making its study easy, Bliss has performed a service which will win him the gratitude of an ever increasing number of readers' - Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society.
- Author(s)Gilbert Ames Bliss
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/07/1933
- Series TitleColloquium Publications
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Weight425 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.