Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a relatively fast paced graduate level introduction to complex algebraic geometry, from the basics to the frontier of the subject. It covers sheaf theory, cohomology, some Hodge theory, as well as some of the more algebraic aspects of algebraic geometry. The author frequently refers the reader if the treatment of a certain topic is readily available elsewhere but goes into considerable detail on topics for which his treatment puts a twist or a more transparent viewpoint. His cases of exploration and are chosen very carefully and deliberately. The textbook achieves its purpose of taking new students of complex algebraic geometry through this a deep yet broad introduction to a vast subject, eventually bringing them to the forefront of the topic via a n-intimidating style.
- Author BiographyDonu Arapura is a Professor of Mathematics at Purdue University. He received his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1985. Dr. Arapura's primary research includes algebraic geometry, and he has written and co-written several publications ranging from Hodge cycles to cohomology.
- Author(s)Donu Arapura
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight527 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.