All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by experts in both mathematics and biology, Algebraic and Discrete Mathematical Methods for Modern Biology offers a bridge between math and biology, providing a framework for simulating, analyzing, predicting, and modulating the behavior of complex biological systems. Each chapter begins with a question from modern biology, followed by the description of certain mathematical methods and theory appropriate in the search of answers. Every topic provides a fast-track pathway through the problem by presenting the biological foundation, covering the relevant mathematical theory, and highlighting connections between them. Many of the projects and exercises embedded in each chapter utilize specialized software, providing students with much-needed familiarity and experience with computing applications, critical components of the modern biology skill set. This book is appropriate for mathematics courses such as finite mathematics, discrete structures, linear algebra, abstract/modern algebra, graph theory, probability, bioinformatics, statistics, biostatistics, and modeling, as well as for biology courses such as genetics, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, ecology, and evolution.
- Author BiographyRaina Robeva was born in Sofia, Bulgaria. She has a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Virginia and has led multiple NSF-funded curriculum development projects at the interface of mathematics and biology. She is the lead author of the textbook An Invitation to Biomathematics (2008) and the lead editor of the volume Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology: Using Modern Discrete Models (2013), both published by Academic Press. Robeva is the founding Chief Editor of the research journal Frontiers in Systems Biology. She is a professor of Mathematical Sciences at Sweet Briar College and lives in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRaina Stefanova Robeva
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.