All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionAlgis Budrys was one of the few writers who managed to carve out a successful role as an influential critic and editor alongside his fiction writing. BENCHMARKS, his collection of reviews from the pages of GALAXY SCIENCE FICTION, is extremely well-regarded, and for almost two decades he was a judge of the Writers of the Future programme, but it is for his fiction that he is best kwn. This omnibus collects three of his later works: THE IRON THORN, MICHAELMAS and HARD LANDING. THE IRON THORN: Hor White Jackson was a human being. But his planet was t Earth, r his time Now. His world was dominated by a giant Iron Thorn. Beyond the reach of this tower there was supposedly thing - except a frozen, airless desert where huge winged beasts called Amsirs roamed. MICHAELMAS: Michaelmas and Domi, man and computer, were linked to each other, and to the complete database of Earth. There they virtually ruled the world. For by making the right subtle manipulations, they had the power to change the course of human destiny. HARD LANDING: The body was found dead on the tracks, electrocuted. The autopsy confirmed what some had always feared, that we are t alone in the universe - and that even w, some visitors are still at large.
- Author BiographyAlgis Budrys (1931-2008) Born in East Prussia in 1931, Budrys and his family were sent to the United States when he was just five. After studying at the University of Miami and Columbia University, Budrys turned his hand to both writing and publishing science fiction. Over the years he worked as an editor, manager and reviewer for various publishing houses, while maintaining an impressive output of fiction and editing his own magazine, Tomorrow Speculative Fiction. He was shortlisted for numerous awards, including the Hugo and the Nebula, for his fiction and critical non-fiction. He died in 2008.
- Author(s)Algis Budrys
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date14/05/2016
- Weight528 g
- Width151 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.