All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years there has been a remarkable convergence of interest in programming languages based on ALGOL 60. Researchers interested in the theory of procedural and object-oriented languages discovered that ALGOL 60 shows how to add procedures and object classes to simple imperative languages in a general and clean way. And, on the other hand, researchers interested in purely functional languages discovered that ALGOL 60 shows how to add imperative mechanisms to functional languages in a way that does t compromise their desirable properties. Unfortunately, many of the key works in this field have been rather hard to obtain. The primary purpose of this collection is to make the most significant material on ALGoL-like languages conveniently available to graduate students and researchers. Contents Introduction to Volume 1 1 Part I Historical Background 1 Part n Basic Principles 3 Part III Language Design 5 Introduction to Volume 2 6 Part IV Functor-Category Semantics 7 Part V Specification Logic 7 Part VI Procedures and Local Variables 8 Part vn Interference, Irreversibility and Concurrency 9 Ackwledgements 11 Bibliography 11 Introduction to Volume 1 This volume contains historical and foundational material, and works on lan- guage design. All of the material should be accessible to beginning graduate students in programming languages and theoretical Computer Science.
- Author(s)Peter W. O'Hearn,Robert D. Tennent
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleProgress in Theoretical Computer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.