Alianzas by Kristin Swanson, Maria Carreira, Sylvia Madrigal Velasco, Sheri Spaine Long (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $194.57+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $131.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionAlianzas is a one-semester stand-alone intermediate Spanish program that focuses on communication and the consolidation of the skills acquired at the introductory level. This title emphasizes real-world language and authentic culture through compelling content that motivates students to hone their communication skills.
- Author BiographyMaria Carreira is Associate Professor of Spanish at California State University, Long Beach. She holds a Ph.D. in linguistics from the University of Illinois, Champaign. Carreira has written linguistic notes, profiles of well-known Hispanics, and heritage learner annotations. She is active in issues relating to heritage learners. Sheri Spaine Long (Ph.D. UCLA) is Editor of Hispania - A journal devoted to the teaching of Spanish and Portuguese, the scholarly journal of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP). Formerly a faculty member, department chair, and study abroad program director, Dr. Long rose to the rank of Professor of Spanish at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and was appointed Distinguished Visiting Professor at the United States Air Force Academy. Most recently, Dr. Long served as Professor and Chair of the Department of Languages and Culture Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She is a specialist in language teaching and learning. A regular presenter and invited speaker at national and international conferences, Dr. Long delivered over 100 talks from Havana to Beijing and across the United States. She actively engages the field and continues to publish on the integration of leadership development and language learning, the language profession, and Madrid in literature. Dr. Long published more than 50 articles, chapters, and reviews and her recent co-authored textbooks published with Cengage include Nexos. Introductory Spanish, 4th ed., and Alianzas. Intermediate Spanish., 2nd ed., Cuadros. Introductory and Intermediate Spanish., among others. She received the prestigious Steiner Award for Leadership in Foreign Language Education from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) in 2009. Sylvia Madrigal, a Yale graduate, has been in the foreign language publishing field for about 20 years. She has worked at Houghton Mifflin and at D.C. Heath, where she helped develop and write activities for the award-winning Dimelo CD-ROM series. She has authored a variety of educational materials, including video scripts for HM's TravelTour video and Caminos del jaguar. Kris Swanson has an M.A. in Hispanic Studies from Brown University. She has been in the foreign language publishing field for about 15 years. She currently works as a consultant and freelance writer, editor, and project manager.
- Author(s)Kristin Swanson,Maria Carreira,Sheri Spaine Long,Sylvia Madrigal Velasco
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.