All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionAt sixty years old, Bob Dylan is still singing the songs which for forty years have made him one of the most preeminent voices of our time. In this revised and much expanded edition of Stephen Scobie's landmark study of Dylan's work, the author covers all the stages of a remarkable career: from his incandescent impact on the mid-1960s, when Dylan revolutionized folk and popular music, to his later reinvention of himself as a traveling performer-the old blues musician whose work may longer be fashionable but is still intensely relevant and rewarding.The 1991 edition of Alias Bob Dylan was hailed as a definitive study. The present volume is greatly revised, expanded and updated.
- Author BiographyStephen Scobie is in all probability the only Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada who attended six Bob Dylan concerts in 1998! When he's not attending concerts, he teaches literature at the University of Victoria. As a poet, he has published over 20 books and received the Governor General's Award in 1980 for McAlmon's Chinese Opera. His other books include The Ballad of Isabel Gunn, Gospel, Taking the Gate, and Forget My Name.
- Author(s)Stephen Scobie
- PublisherRed Deer College Press,Canada
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Out-of-print date25/08/2011
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight426 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.