All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFalling down the corporate rabbit hole can be good for your career. In today's rapidly changing business world it's difficult to kw how to compete. How do we invate; what strategies should we pursue in order to stand out from our rivals; just how can one keep up - let alone get ahead - in this maddeningly volatile environment? It turns out that the larger-than-life characters, arbitrary rules and nsensical situations of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass can help us navigate the new era of business. Carroll's books are a window onto today's business world. They teach us that rules are invented by those in charge to suit a situation, that authority can be questioned and that white rabbits often wear waistcoats. If you regularly take part in meetings, the Mad Hatter's tea party - messy, seemingly eternal and completely pointless - might seem all too familiar. In Alice in strategy land readers will discover: * How to manage the unexpected, with the help of Alice, a flamingo and a hedgehog; * Ways to speed up time, using the wisdom of the Hatter; * How to avoid running so hard just to stand still, with the Red Queen's assistance; * Why the White Knight can help them to focus on what's important. Thinking outside the box is longer sufficient. Alice in Strategy Land shows managers and managed alike how to turn Carroll's surreal imagination to their advantage.
- Author BiographyKate M. Santon is a writer and editor, specializing in practical non-fiction. She is a keen blogger and has written books on a range of subjects. She was head of the retail arm of a major UK institution, with an annual turnover of GBP6 million, before changing direction, working with a specialist business publisher, and writing and editing books herself. She has also ghostwritten books and has worked with several CEOs to help them tell their inspirational stories of struggle and success.
- Author(s)K. M. Santon
- PublisherInfinite Ideas Limited
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationDurrington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInfinite Ideas Limited
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.