All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most recent installation by the internationally acclaimed artist Alicja Kwade (b. 1979), who comes from Katowice, explores the French physicist Leon Foucault's (1819-1868) proof that the world rotates and develops the experiment further. The present volume illustrates the playful exploration of space and time using recent pictures from the Schirn rotunda. The Berlin-based artist Alicja Kwade's scientific looking experimental setups are reminiscent of surreal and phantasmagorical constellations and objects. The fascination of her work, which cant be explained by reason alone, is rooted in the skillful superimposition and sometimes paradoxical nature of scientific and social realities. Things that are generally taken to be established facts are called into question and disproved. Here the artist explores the true movement of time, which will have an immediate effect on both space and the viewer.
- Author BiographyDonatien Grau is a French writer and critic whose work has appeared in Art Press and AnOther magazine, among other publications.
- Author(s)Donatien Grau
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note32 colour illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width270 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.