All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough physical travel between the stars is impossible because of the vast distances involved, communication is instantaneous. There are a couple of different ways to visit alien worlds: veering (using virtual reality to project images), and teeping (using telepresence to control robotic bodies on the other planet). It's even possible to engage in trade, licensing the rights to books, art, inventions, and other intellectual property. Deborah Rabiwitz is a literary broker. She veers to alien worlds and sells the publishing rights to Earth books. But when an alien is murdered right before her eyes, there's way she can keep from being involved and solving the murder herself. Then, when an old friend is accused of a murder on a different world, Deborah has to become a lawyer and defend her friend before a kangaroo court by solving that murder, too.
- Author BiographyBorn in Philadelphia in 1947, Stephen Goldin has lived in California since 1960. He received a Bachelor's degree in Astronomy from UCLA and worked as a civilian space scientist for the U.S. Navy for a few years after leaving college, but has made his living as a writer/editor most of his life. He's married to fellow writer Mary Mason, with whom he's collaborated on the Rehumanization of Jade Darcy books. He's lived with cats most of his adult life. His interests include cryptic crossword puzzles, Broadway cast albums, and surrealist art. He served the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America as editor of the SFWA Bulletin and as the organization's Western Regional Director. He's published more than 30 books, and lots of articles and stories. Learn more about him at his Web site, http: //stephengoldin.com. Many of his books and stories can be bought through Parsina Press at http: //parsina.com.
- Author(s)Stephen Goldin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.