All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlien Techlogy explores the consequences of techlogical alienation on individuals and communities in the modern times. The world is already witnessing situations in which those who are alienated from techlogies are at the mercy of those who are in the kw . This may even lead to the creation of a new kind of class system based on techlogy literacy. This book explores complex techlogies, presents ways of identifying the levels of alienation, and suggests remedies for overcoming the alienation and becoming better and empowered users of techlogy. Replete with examples and written in lucid language, its humorous, tongue-in-cheek style will engage the reader.
- Author BiographyAnanda Mitra is a Professor of Communication at Wake Forest University, teaching courses on new media, India, and research methodology. His publications include a 10-volume series on digital technology and its social impact, a critical examination of the Indian TV series Mahabharat, an examination of the portrayal of India in the Western cinema, a book about the ways in which new digital technologies are increasingly alienated from the users, a book on the cultural issues surrounding the use of social media, and two books on research methodology. Some of these include Digital DNA: Social Networking and You (2014), India through the Western Lens: Creating National Images in Film (SAGE 1999), Alien Technology: Coping with Modern Mysteries (SAGE 2010), and Television and Popular Culture in India: A Study of the Mahabharat (SAGE 1993). He has consulted with many different industries and is the inventor of the concept of narbs that allows for a careful and systematic narrative analysis of the unstructured component of big data that has become available with the growth of social media. He is considered a specialist in analyzing the way in which narratives produce images of people and places, with a special emphasis on representation of Indians across the globe.
- Author(s)Ananda Mitra
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight218 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.