All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis intriguing collection of essays presents reflections upon the birth, proliferation, enduring appeal, and future of extraterrestrial mythology. Highly respected authors and researchers representing the varied and sometimes competing perspectives of ufology and the sociology of religion provide a fascinating and instructive voyage into the social worlds of UFOs, abductees, and contactees. Reports of aliens and the changing nature of abduction experience, even its sexual dimension, are explored in relation to literature, cultural practices, and ideology. The influence of abduction therapy and support groups is considered, as are New Religious Movements with extraterrestrial themes. Alien Worlds will enlighten anyone wanting to understand what and how the academic world thinks about UFOs, contactee groups, and alien phemena.
- Author BiographyDiana G. Tumminia teaches sociology at California State University, Sacramento. She is author of When Prophecy Never Fails: Myth and Reality in a Flying-Saucer Group.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note18 black-&-white illustrations, index
- Weight726 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDiana G. Tumminia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.