Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- Description<b>In <i>Alive, </i>Scott Sigler introduced readers to an unforgettable young heroine and a mysterious new world reminiscent of those of <i>The Hunger Games, Divergent, </i>and<i> Red Rising</i>. Now he expands his singular vision in the next thrilling vel of this powerful sci-fi adventure series.</b><i> If it s war they want, they messed with the wrong girl. </i> M. Savage or Em, as she is called has made a bewildering and omius discovery. She and the other young people she was chosen to lead awoke in strange coffins with memory of their names or their pasts. They faced an empty, unkwn place of twisting tunnels and human bones. With only one ather to depend on, they searched for answers and found the truth about their terrifying fate. Confronted by a monstrous enemy, they vowed never to surrender and, by any means, to <i>survive</i>. The planet Omeyocan may be the sanctuary Em and her comrades seek. But the planet for which they were created turns out t to be a pristine, virgin world. Vestiges of a lost civilization testify to a horrifying past that may yet repeat itself. And when a new enemy creeps from the jungle shadows, Em and her young refugees learn there s where left to run. They face a simple choice: fight or die. In the midst of this desperate struggle, their unity is compromised from within and a dangerous zealot devoted to a bloodthirsty god moves to usurp Em s command, threatening to lead them all down a path to violent doom. <b>Praise for Scott Sigler s <i>Alive</i></b> Suspenseful . . . [<i>Alive</i>] lives up to its hype, packing plenty of thrills. . . . A page-turner that whets the appetite for volume 2. <b><i>Entertainment Weekly</i></b> Fascinating and intriguing . . . a cross between <i>Lord of the Flies </i>and<i> The Maze Runner </i>and yet . . . so much more. <b><i> Fresh Fiction</i></b><b></b> A ripping, claustrophobic thunderbolt of a vel. <b> Pierce Brown, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>Red Rising</i></b> Unstoppable and real, M. Savage is one hell of aheroine. Get ready to be left breathless. <b> Kristin Cast, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of the House of Night series</b> Sigler has created a wonderful and engrossing character in M. Savage. Strong and smart, but with the naivete and misgivings of any teenage girl, she s someone you ll definitely want on your side when s**t hits the fan, which it most certainly does. <b> Veronica Belmont, host of <i>Sword & Laser</i></b> The puzzle unfolds masterfully, right down to the last page. <b> Phil Plait, PhD, author of <i>Bad Astromy</i></b>
- Author Biography<b>Scott Sigler</b> is the <i>New York Time</i>s bestselling author of sixteen novels including <i>Alive </i>and<i> Alight</i> six novellas, and dozens of short stories. He is also the co-founder of Empty Set Entertainment, which publishes his YA Galactic Football League series. He lives in San Diego.
- Author(s)Scott Sigler
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Generations Trilogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Out-of-print date29/03/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.