All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- Description<b>A dark and funny debut (<i>Seattle-Times</i>) about a young police officer struggling to maintain a sense of reality in a town where the dead outnumber the living.</b> Colma, California, the cemetery city serving San Francisco, is the resting place of the likes of Joe DiMaggio, Wyatt Earp, and William Randolph Hearst. It is also the home of Michael Mercer, a by-the-book rookie cop struggling to settle comfortably into adult life. Instead, he becomes obsessed with the mysterious fate of his predecessor, Sergeant Wes Featherstone, who spent his last years policing the dead as well as the living. As Mercer attempts to navigate the drama of his own daily life, his own grip on reality starts to slip-either that, or Colma's more famous residents are t resting in peace as they should be.
- Author Biography<b>Doug Dorst</b> is the author of three books, most recently the novel <i>S</i>, which he co-authored with J. J. Abrams<i>.</i> He is the author of the novel <i>Alive in Necropolis</i>, which was honored as San Francisco s 2009One City One Book selection and as a runner-up for the 2009 PEN/Hemingway, Shirley Jackson, and IAFA/Crawford Awards, and a short story collection, <i>The Surf Guru</i>. His stories have appeared in <i>McSweeney s</i>, <i>Ploughshares</i>, <i>ZYZZYVA</i>, and other journals. A graduate of the Iowa Writers Workshop and a three-time <i>Jeopardy!</i> champion, Dorst lives in Austin and teaches writing at Texas State University in San Marcos.
- Author(s)Doug Dorst
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight404 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.