All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll Cats Have Asperger Syndrome takes a playful look at Asperger Syndrome (AS), drawing inspiration from the feline world in a way that will strike a chord with all those who are familiar with AS. Delightful colour photographs of cats bring to life familiar characteristics such as sensitive hearing, scampering at the first sign of being stroked, and particular eating habits. Touching, humorous and insightful, this book evokes the difficulties and joys of raising a child who is different and leaves the reader with a sense of the dignity, individuality, and potential of people with AS. This engaging book is an ideal, gentle introduction to the world of AS. 'There is a great deal of truth in humour. If you have only just begun to discover why someone with Asperger's syndrome is different, this book will inform and entertain you. The descriptions provide an accurate balance between the qualities and difficulties associated with Asperger's syndrome, while the photographs will make the journey of discovery enjoyable and remarkable.' - Tony Attwood, author of Asperger's Syndrome and The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome
- Author BiographyKathy Hoopmann is an Australian author currently living in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. With a primary school teaching background, Kathy became intrigued by certain children's unusual traits. After many years of dealing with, and talking to, people with Asperger Syndrome, she has a wonderful insight into the mindset of Aspies. Her sensitivity to their strengths and weaknesses and her passion for bringing understanding of their ways to the general public, and her ability to encapsulate this in her literature, has made Kathy a household name amongst Asperger Syndrome circles. Kathy is the author of thirteen books for children and teenagers which sell widely in Australia, the UK, the US and the Middle East, and her books have been translated into ten languages. To find out more about Kathy and her writing, visit www.kathyhoopmann.com.
- PrizesWinner of Moonbeam Children's Book Awards: Children's Wellness Award - Bronze Medal 2007.
- Author(s)Kathy Hoopmann
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication04/10/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note73 photographs
- Weight417 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Most relevant reviews
- jibber*jabber24 Oct, 2014by
Great book describes Aspergers traits.
Excellent book that gives an insight into Aspergers with each page. Although many people with Aspergers don't exhibit all traits described in this book it still gives great examples of what to expect and show this is normal for a person with Aspergers. The only downside is it doesn't offer a quick explanation of Aspergers so to the uninitiated the book might not make sense but then they probably wouldn't be reading it in the first place.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18