Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionDescription and About the Author Mental illnesses affect many people in many different ways. For those suffering with mental health issues it can be embarrassing to admit that they have a problem. For those who are fortunate t to suffer it can be almost impossible to comprehend the situation. For years the author witnessed mental illness from the outside looking in. She could appreciate that those around her could t cope with certain situations but real understanding was only achieved in latter years when she, was forced to accept that she had a few mental health problems of her own. It was with her former igrance and lack of understanding still etched in her mind that she decided to shine a light on it from a different angle. From witnessing her father's 'nervous breakdown' to realising the extent, to which, her friends and acquaintances were affected she attempts to explain and dispel the myths that surround mental illness. All aspects of mental health are identified and discussed from panic attacks and depression to obsessive compulsive disorders and phobias. Most have been witnessed first hand or have been experience by the author herself. The author admits to having medical background and asks more questions than she answers but it is by questioning the issues raised that she tries to attain a deeper understanding of a very complex subject. One of the main issues raised is the ability for two people to share what appears to be the same problem but to realise that they deal with it in entirely different ways. That just because one is able to cope in one environment, whilst ather cant, does t diminish the other's problem. All conditions are explained from the point of view of the sufferer so that n sufferers are better able to understand this debilitating condition. It also offers tangible advice and tips on dealing with anxiety as well as the recommendation of seeking medical advice when appropriate.
- Author(s)Victoria Martin
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight139 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.