Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhen his teacher gives an assignment to write about a friend, 7-year old Moses considers classmates, neighbours, parents, and teachers before finally deciding on Zaki, his teenage neighbour's iguana, because she is different yet determined, like him. Using a wheelchair due to disabilities including spina bifida, Moses nevertheless participates in all of the classroom activities. Zaki has missing toes, yet has learned to compensate by using her strong front legs to keep up with Hashi, her companion iguana. With this beautifully photographed and engaging story, children discover that living with disability and facing its challenges can be seen as interesting, even positive. With an Afterword about disabilities, Moses, and iguanas, the story provides material for discussion at school and home,
- Author(s)Ellen B. Senisi
- PublisherWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight347 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.