All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- Description<b>Celebrating the Arthur Miller centennial year, an eye-catching new Penguin Plays edition of the work that established him as a leading voice in the American theater</b> In 1947, Arthur Miller exploded onto Broadway with his first major work, <i>All My Sons</i>, winning both the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best New Play and the Tony for Best Author. The play introduced themes that would preoccupy Miller throughout his career: the relationships between fathers and sons and the conflict between business and personal ethics. This striking new edition adds <i>All My Sons</i> to the elegant Penguin Plays series w in beautifully redesigned covers. Joe Keller and Steve Deever, partners in a machine shop during World War II, turned out defective airplane parts, causing the deaths of many men. Deever was sent to prison while Keller escaped punishment and went back to business, making himself very wealthy in the ensuing years. A love affair between Keller s son, Chris, and Ann Deever, Steve s daughter; the bitterness of George Deever, who returns from the war to find his father in prison and his father s partner free; and the reaction of Chris Keller to his father s guilt escalate toward a climax of electrifying intensity.
- Author Biography<b>Arthur Miller </b>(1915 2005) was born in New York City and studied at the University of Michigan. His remarkable creative output includes plays, fiction, memoir, and screenplays. Among other honors, he received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the John F. Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Author(s)Arthur Miller
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitlePenguin Plays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight91 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.