All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn haunting ways, this gorgeous vel prefigures Irene Nemirovsky s masterpiece <i>Suite Francaise</i>. Set in France between 1910 and 1940 and first published in France in 1947, five years after the author s death, <i>All Our Worldly Goods </i>is a gripping story of war, family life and star-crossed lovers. Pierre and Agnes marry for love against the wishes of his parents and his grandfather, the tyrannical family patriarch. Their marriage provokes a family feud that cascades down the generations. This brilliant vel is full of drama, heartbreak, and the telling observations that have made Nemirovsky s work so beloved and admired.
- Author Biography<b>Irene Nemirovsky</b> was born in Kiev in 1903 into a wealthy banking family and immigrated to France during the Russian Revolution. After attending the Sorbonne in Paris, she began to write and swiftly achieved success with <i>David Golder, </i> which was followed by more than a dozen other books. Throughout her lifetime she published widely in French newspapers and literary journals. She died in Auschwitz in 1942. More than sixty years later, <i>Suite Francaise</i> was published posthumously for the first time in 2006.
- Author(s)Irene Nemirovsky
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage International Original
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight277 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.