All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of the most distinguished writers of modern Italy (New York Review of Books), a classic vel of society in the midst of a war. This powerful vel is set against the background of Italy from 1939 to 1944, from the anxious months before the country entered the war, through the war years, to the allied victory with its trailing wake of anxiety, disappointment, and grief. In the foreground are the members of two families. One is rich, the other is t. In All Our Yesterdays, as in all of Ms. Ginzburg's vels, terrible things happen--suicide, murder, air raids, and bombings. But seemingly less overwhelming events, like a family quarrel, adultery, or a deception, are given equal space, as if to say that, to a victim, adultery and air raids can be equally maiming. All Our Yesterdays gives a sharp portrait of a society hungry for change, but betrayed by war. During the period described in the vel, Natalia Ginzburg was married to the writer Leone Ginzburg. Because of his underground activities, he was interned under Mussolini's reign, along with his family, in a restricted area in the Abruzzi. When the Ginzburgs later moved to Rome, Leone was arrested and tortured by the fascists, and killed, leaving Natalia alone to raise her three children. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyNatalia Ginzburg was born in Palermo, Italy in 1916. She grew up in Turin, where she worked as a publisher and writer. She wrote over a dozen novels, as well as short stories, essays, and plays. She received great acclaim for her translations into Italian of both Proust and Flaubert. She died in Rome in 1991.
- Author(s)Natalia Ginzburg
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byAngus Davidson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.