All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with her trademark wit, poignant themes, and rich characters, the perennial New York Times bestselling author returns with a sensational vel that follows the travels of one couple though a tumultuous summer.Dorothea Benton Frank's magical stories take us deep into the heart of her beloved Carolina Lowcountry. In her vels, this lush landscape comes alive in all its vibrancy and color. She ignites all of our senses with her vivid descriptions of landscape and atmosphere. In her vels you hear the ocean washing the shore on different islands so profoundly that you can nearly hear the sea gulls squawking, too.This is a story of people whose lives are changing--a southern gentleman returning home to lead a more peaceful life and his talented New York wife who is t quite sure she is ready to make the transition. They are moving rth to south, fast pace versus slow pace, downsizing. And while they are doing this, they are getting glimpses into other people's lives over the course of a summer, holidays that will amuse, shock and transform them.This irresistible story is home to captivating characters as funny, complicated, and real as our best friends--husbands and wives, mothers and daughters, friends and family who wrestle with the complexities, pain, and joys familiar to us all.Finally, we'll come to recognize the face of love, the kind that deepens and endures but only because one woman makes a tremendous leap of faith. That leap changes them all.
- Author(s)Dorothea Benton Frank
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.