All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive introduction to the history, aesthetics and key themes of Gothic, the main issues and debates surrounding the genre along with the approaches and theories that have been applied to Gothic texts and films. The volume discusses a wide range of 18<UP>th and 19<UP>th century texts and moves into 20<UP>th century literature and film. It explores the cultural resonances created by the genre and raises a variety of issues, including the ways in which Gothic monstrosity mimics same-sex desire and social transgression. The texts included in the volume argue that Gothic film and fiction animated the darker shadows of the dominant culture.
- Author BiographyAgnieszka Lowczanin specializes in British literature of the 18<UP>th and 19<UP>th century. She obtained her PhD from the University of Lodz (Poland) with a dissertation which focused on the deployment of death in canonical novels of this period and in Gothic fiction. Dorota Wisniewska graduated from the English Institute, University of Lodz. She obtained her M.A. from the University of Toledo (USA), and her PhD from the University of Lodz. Her areas of scholarly interest include American Gothic fiction and horror film, pop culture and gender studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDis/continuities Torun Studies in Language, Literature and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight470 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAgnieszka Lowczanin,Dorota Wisniewska
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.